Sunday, April 19, 2015

Stefan is two!


 
Last week, Stefan turned two. Despite my multiple efforts and very intentional priming ("Super heroes are wicked fun, and we happen to have these awesome super hero outfits that you love.... so anyhoo, what do you want to do for your second birthday?"), Stef continued to insist on a hockey game for his party.

Alrighty then.

There were no actual hockey games happening locally, so we opted to gift him a mini net, sticks, and balls, borrow jerseys (thanks Amy!), and have our own little game.

The party attendees included three generations of the C family: Papa Nicky & Nana Steph (our gracious grandparent representatives), Uncle Nick & Auntie Chels, and Nico & Summer. Just the perfect little fun, easy going crowd.







This shot captured Nico in rather an aggressive stance... I don't think any blood was shed!





Poor Summer (aka Tiny Tim) couldn't participate in the hockey game as her poor little leg was broken... so she focussed her energies on eating popcorn and looking adorable.


The birthday boy scored a pre-dinner snuggle with Auntie Chels...


Next up... hot dogs. Mmmmmm...


Then hockey puck cake pops! Or more accurately, "cheater pops".  I confess- I covered Oreos with chocolate to achieve the puck look. (I really have no idea what I'm doing here in the cake pop world, friends. I've made actual cake pops a few times, and each time I just fly by the seat of my pants simply trying to be a little more proficient and slightly less awkward than the previous attempt.)


Apparently the hockey game was not enough to release all the boyish energy... DOGGY PILE!





PRESENTS!

The C family proved more than generous: a toy baseball set and a scooter. SCORE!


I love this shot with all the wee boys gathered 'round Papa Nicky.

Stunning duo: Nana Steph & Summer.




So to sum up... popcorn, hockey, hot dogs, cake pops, presents, party over. So simple yet so delightful.


Happy birthday big boy!


No comments :